A chairperson of the management board
He was born on the 17th October 1974 in Ptuj. After a completed General Upper Secondary School, he continued his study at the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology in Ljubljana. He graduated in the year 1998 and acquired a title Bachelor of Chemical Engineering. In the year 1998, he received Krka’s award for his research diploma thesis. In the year 1999, he got employed in the company Talum. Due to a working position of being a head of projects in the company, he passed exams for the head of projects at the Slovenian Association for Project Management. He is an internal auditor with a certificate for systems ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO/TS 16494 and ISO 17025. He has worked in different fields within the company. At the beginning, he dealt with an implementation of the standard ISO 14001 in the company Talum. Since the year 2001, he was employed in a Development department as the head of projects. Within a project Modernisation of the production of primary aluminium – 2nd phase, he was responsible for realisation of four projects in the production fields of slugs and discs and foundry alloys. He was leading a renovation project of the administrative building Talum, and in the years 2005 – 2007 a project Waste aluminium smelting, on the basis of which the company Talum started with active reorganisation of its production processes regarding the use and processing of the waste aluminium.
- In the years 2008 and 2009 he actively participated in developmental projects of the company in the field of renewable energy sources. He was responsible for building a wooden biomass stokehold needed for heating greenhouses in a subsidiary company EKOTAL d.o.o. and for building, at that time the biggest, photovoltaic power plant on the landfill of red mud in Kidričevo.
- In the year 2009 he became an assistant to a chairperson of the board and at the same time responsible for a corporative reorganisation of the company Talum into a contractual group of associated companies, which successfully started with its business operation on the 1st of January 2011.
- In the year 2004 the Works Council of Talum appointed him as a representative of the employees into the Board of trustees of the company TALUM d.d. Kidričevo. He completed his mandatory in the year 2011.
- In April 2011 he became the chairperson of the boardmanagement board of Talum. At the beginning of the year 2011, he became a member of the Management Committee of The Styrian Chamber of Commerce and since June 2011, he has been its vice chairperson.
- Since the year 2011 he has been a member of the Manager Association of Slovenia, in October 2013 he became a chairperson of the Manager Club Ptuj.
- In November 2013 he became a vice chairperson of the Regional Development Council of the Spodnje Podravje region, since December 2013 he has been a member of the Development Council of the Podravje region.
- In September 2014 he became a chairperson of the board of an institution Embraced by Community Kidričevo.
- In May 2015 he became a chairperson of the Management Committee of the Association of metal materials and non-metals, and a member of the Management Committee of The Economic Chamber of Slovenia. In August 2015, he became a chairperson of the Strategic Council of metallurgy.
- He is an active athlete. Namely, he has always loved playing tennis already since his young competition age, and lately he has taken up bowling as well. In the free time, he and his life companion prefer to devote themselves to the family.